Opportunity to Donate Through Aug. 22
The City of Rockville will hold its 17th Annual Back to School Jam from 6-8:30 p.m., Friday, Aug. 25, at the Lincoln Park Community Center, 357 Frederick Ave.
Any student who lives in the City of Rockville or goes to a Rockville school can receive a backpack filled with supplies for $2 (with a limit of four per family). Proof of address and/or school enrollment is required. Last year, more than 400 backpacks were handed out.
This year, the City of Rockville, Linkages to Learning and Rockville Housing Enterprises have teamed up to hold the event.
Information tables, health and wellness vendors, school representatives and health care professionals will be present, with a DJ, music, food, drinks and more.
Donations of new school supplies will be accepted through Tuesday, Aug. 22. Items such as pens, pencils, crayons, glue sticks, paper and folders can be dropped off in collection boxes at the following locations:
- City Hall, 111 Maryland Ave.
- Lincoln Park Community Center, 357 Frederick Ave.
- Thomas Farm Community Center, 700 Fallsgrove Drive.
- Twinbrook Community Recreation Center, 12920 Twinbrook Parkway.
- Rockville Swim and Fitness Center, 355 Martins Lane.
- Rockville Senior Center, 1150 Carnation Drive.
For more details, call 240-314-8780 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.