Rockville, Maryland, June 17 — Rockville has been named a “Banner City” by the Maryland Municipal League, which recognizes the municipalities’ elected and appointed officials as the league’s most engaged members.
According to MML, the Banner City/Town program fosters an environment where officials feel that their activities make a difference. Municipalities designated as banner cities or towns:
- Are recognized among their peers as an active participant in showcasing municipal government and how it works.
- Work together as a municipality to help strengthen their membership league.
- Foster goodwill by educating youth about municipal government.
- Maximize their MML membership by taking part in league programs and activities.
- Ensure the voice of their municipality is heard on issues relevant to the membership and in matters of legislative priorities.
The towns and cities receiving the designation this year were honored at MML’s annual summer conference, held June 12-15 in Ocean City.