Adoption Planned for Early August
The Mayor and Council are continuing to discuss parts of the Rockville 2040 Comprehensive Plan, leading up to its possible adoption in August.
6 p.m. Tuesday, July 6
- PA 13: Potomac Woods, Orchard Ridge and Falls Ridge.
- PA 17: Southlawn and RedGate.
- Housing element.
7 p.m. Monday, July 12
- PA 5: Woodley Gardens and College Gardens.
- PA 7: Montgomery College Area.
- PA 14: Rockshire and Fallsmead.
- PA 15: Fallsgrove and Research Boulevard.
- PA 16: King Farm and Shady Grove.
7 p.m. Monday, July 19
- Final review and possible introduction.
7 p.m. Monday, Aug. 2
- Adopt plan.
Note: The code denotes planning areas, which can be located in the comprehensive plan draft at www. rockvillemd.gov/Rockville2040. Meetings are subject to change.
The draft comprehensive plan is based on feedback gathered throughout the Rockville 2040 process, which included numerous listening sessions, citywide forums, open houses and other meetings, as well as analysis and discussion by the Planning Commission and city staff.
Once adopted by the Mayor and Council, it will replace the city’s 2002 comprehensive plan and many of its subsequent amendments.