The Rockville City Academy returns in May, offering members of the community an opportunity to better understand how the City of Rockville operates, with a closer look at city departments and services.
The academy will be comprised of four sessions that will connect participants with some of the city staff who help keep Rockville running. The in-person sessions will be held 7:30-8:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, May 4-13.
Topics will include:
- Understanding the city and how to voice your opinion.
- Housing and community services.
- Community-friendly policing.
- Resources for families in the community.
- A tour of the Department of Public Works.
Registration will be open from Monday, March 13-Friday, April 22 at www.rockvillemd.gov/academy. Spaces are limited. Participants must be 16 or older. Student Service Learning hours are available.
For more information, contact Hjarman Cordero at [email protected] or 240-314-8344.