The 2018 Rockville Holiday Drive is officially underway! For more than four-and-a-half decades, Rockville has sponsored outreach that brings the community together each year to provide food baskets, gift certificates and toys to needy Rockville families throughout the Thanksgiving and December holidays. Some ways you can make a difference in 2018:
- Send a tax-deductible contribution (checks can be made payable to Rockville Holiday Drive Fund, and sent to 111 Maryland Ave., Rockville, MD 20850.) Donations help Rockville buy healthy food options for individuals and families.
- Organize a canned food drive (with a focus on healthier food like low-sodium beans and soups, no-sugar-added canned fruits and whole-wheat pasta).
- Pack or deliver Thanksgiving food baskets.
- Organize a toy or book drive to collect new unwrapped toys or books (new books for children of all ages, including teenagers, are needed).
- Donate $20 gift certificates for Giant or Target.
Find information on the 2018 Holiday Drive at www.rockvillemd.gov/holidaydrive and see the cover of this issue’s “Rockville’s Caregiving Agencies” insert.