Several organizations are providing locations for, or delivery of, food for needy families and individuals throughout Rockville. Check ahead with organizations to ensure the information provided below is up to date.
FAMILY FOOD DISTRIBUTION
• Manna Food Center: Make a once-a-month appointment to visit a distribution location for 50 pounds of food, such as fresh fruits and vegetables, pantry items, bread and meat. Call 301-424-1130 or contact the Department of Health and Human Services at 240-777-0311 to schedule a pickup. The agent will ask which of the six distribution locations you can pick up from.
Call no later than 3 p.m. the day before pickup. Be prepared to provide household size. Bring a picture ID that Manna will use only to check for a Montgomery County address.
If you are unable to pick up at a distribution location, consider Manna’s new Stay Put Pack program, which delivers 30 pounds of shelf-stable items (rice, canned items, pasta, peanut butter, etc.).
As of Monday, May 18, Stay Put Packs that include produce and meat will be delivered to seniors, participants with transportation issues, single-parent households, and participants who are unable to leave their homes.
Call Manna at 301-424-1130 to sign up as a participant.
FOOD DISTRIBUTION LOCATIONS IN ROCKVILLE
Distribution run by Nourish Now. Provides 3-5 days of shelf food for the whole family.
• Fireside Park Apartments (735 Monroe St.): Tuesdays, 1-2 p.m.
• David Scull Park: Tuesdays and Fridays, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
• Mount Calvary Baptist Church (608 N. Horners Lane): Tuesdays 1-3 p.m.
• Woodmont Park Apartments (1001 Rockville Pike): Thursdays, 1-2 p.m.
Distribution run by McLean Bible Church, 12440 Parklawn Drive.
• 10 a.m.-noon, Wednesdays and Saturdays. Distributes boxes of groceries. No signup required.
• Rockville Senior Center, 1150 Carnation Drive: Distribution is 11-1 p.m. Wednesdays. Grab-and-go boxes are available in lieu of the normal lunch program. Offers seven frozen meals, including milk, applesauce, fruit and bread. Seniors living in the City of Rockville in need of food assistance can call the senior center at 240-314-8800 to receive an application for the lunch program. Orders must be received by Tuesday to allow a full week before a Wednesday delivery.
MONTGOMERY COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS STUDENTS
Montgomery County Public Schools-provided breakfast, lunch and dinner meals for children 18 and younger. Meal sites will operate from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Monday-Wednesday and Fridays. On Wednesdays, MCPS will provide two days’ worth of meals.
• Twinbrook Elementary School (5911 Ridgway Ave.).
• Earle B. Wood Middle School (14615 Bauer Drive).
• Meadow Hall Elementary School (951 Twinbrook Parkway). Bus distribution from 11 a.m.-noon.