The Maryland Women’s Business Center, a program of Rockville Economic Development, Inc., helps people in our community start and grow women-owned businesses positioned for long-term growth.
During MWBC’s most-recent fiscal year, which ended Sept. 30, the nonprofit assisted with:
- 1,920 clients, including:
– 1,311 training attendees.
– 609 business counseling recipients.
– 251 businesses, all of which are majority women-owned, 209 that are
minority-owned and 19 that are veteran-owned.
- 62 business starts.
- 208 jobs created or retained.
- A $3.8 million increase in client sales.
- $2.7 million in capital infusion to clients.
MWBC conducts training, offers technical assistance and provides resources for women-owned enterprises. They host workshops and meet with Montgomery County clients at the offices shared with REDI at 51 Monroe St., Plaza Level East, Suite 20. Learn more at www.marylandwbc.org.