FY 2022 Budget Hearings and Work Sessions Set, Survey Available
City Manager Rob DiSpirito is scheduled to present his proposed Fiscal Year 2022 operating budget and Capital Improvements Program in February, followed by Mayor and Council public hearings and work sessions in March and April.
For information about how to testify at hearings, find agendas, posted the week before each date, at www.rockvillemd.gov/AgendaCenter.
The Mayor and Council held a hearing on Jan. 11 and were scheduled to hear a presentation on Jan. 25, after the deadline for this issue of “Rockville Reports,” on proposed rates and rate structure for the city’s water and sewer funds. For video of the hearing and presentation, find the corresponding meeting agendas at www.rockvillemd.gov/AgendaCenter.
The city hired a consultant to develop a new utility rate structure, under which the Mayor and Council would set water and sewer rates based on property type, such as single-family, multifamily or nonresidential. If approved, the new structure and new rates would take effect in FY22. For information about the current rate structure, see page 371 of the FY 2021 budget, at www.rockvillemd.gov/budget or call the Finance Department at 240-314-8400.
Complete a budget survey, in English or Spanish at www.rockvillemd.gov/budget, to identify budget priorities, initiatives for reducing the negative impacts of COVID-19, and options for maintaining a balanced budget.
The Mayor and Council’s upcoming budget process includes:
- Monday, Feb. 22: A presentation of the city manager’s proposed FY 2022 operating budget and Capital Improvements Program.
- Monday, March 1: Work session and public hearing.
- Monday, March 22: Work session.
- Monday, April 12: Public hearing.
- Friday, April 16: Close of budget public record.
- Monday, April 19: Work session.
- Monday, May 3: Adoption of FY22 operating budget and Capital Improvements Program.
- Thursday, July 1: FY 2022 begins.