City Hall and all city facilities will be closed Tuesday, Dec. 25 for Christmas, and Tuesday, Jan. 1 for New Year’s Day. City Hall will be closed Monday, Dec. 24.
On these weeks, recycling and trash will be collected as usual Monday and one day later than usual throughout the remainder of the week. Find more information at www.rockvillemd.gov/recycling-trash.
City Hall will also be closed 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 6, for an annual recognition event for city employees. Other city facilities will operate on the following schedule this month:
- Beginning the week of Dec. 17, the F. Scott Fitzgerald Theatre box office will be open only from 2-7 p.m. Tuesdays through Fridays. The box office will resume regular hours Tuesday, Jan. 15. Tickets are always available at www.rockvillemd.gov/theatre.
- Glenview Mansion is closed to the public for construction of a new Americans with Disabilities Act-accessible parking lot. Glenview offices are receiving telephone calls and emails.
- Lincoln Park Community Center will be open 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Dec. 24, 26 and 31; closed Dec. 25 and Jan. 1; and open regular hours on Monday, Jan. 2.
- Thomas Farm Community Center will be closed Dec. 24-30 for flooring replacement. Members may visit Lincoln Park Community Center or the Rockville Swim and Fitness Center during this time. The center will be open 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Dec. 31, closed Jan. 1 and open regular hours Jan. 2.
- Twinbrook Community Recreation Center will be open 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Dec. 24 and 31. The center will be closed Dec. 25-29 for flooring replacement. Members may visit Lincoln Park Community Center or the Rockville Swim and Fitness Center during this time. The center will be closed Jan. 1 and open regular hours Jan. 2.
- Croydon Creek Nature Center is always closed Mondays and will also be closed Dec. 25 and Jan. 1. The center will be open 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Dec. 26 and 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Jan. 2.
- The Rockville Senior Center, including the Fitness Room, is closed Sundays and will be closed Dec. 24-25 and Jan. 1. The center will be open 7 a.m.-4 p.m. Dec. 31.
- The Rockville Swim and Fitness Center will be open 6 a.m.-4 p.m. Dec. 24 and 31 and closed Dec. 25 and Jan. 1. Visit www.rockvillemd.gov/swimcenter for lap and program schedules.
Parking at city-owned meters will be free on Dec. 24, 25 and Jan. 1.
For more information, call 240-314-5000 or visit www.rockvillemd.gov.
This article has been updated.