Donations Accepted Aug. 15-22 at City Facilities
The City of Rockville will hold its final Annual Back to School Jam from 6-8:30 p.m. Friday, Aug. 24, at the Lincoln Park Community Center, 357 Frederick Ave.
Celebrate the approaching school year with a free party featuring a DJ, prizes, food, drinks, information tables and the opportunity to meet representatives from schools serving the City of Rockville.
Any student who lives in the City of Rockville or attends a Rockville school can receive a backpack filled with supplies for $2 (with a limit of four per family). Proof of address and/or school enrollment is required.
Donations of new school supplies will be accepted from Aug. 15-22. Items including pens, pencils, crayons, glue sticks, paper and folders can be dropped off in collection boxes at the following locations:
- Rockville City Hall, 111 Maryland Ave.
- Lincoln Park Community Center, 357 Frederick Ave.
- Thomas Farm Community Center, 700 Fallsgrove Drive.
- Twinbrook Community Recreation Center, 12920 Twinbrook Parkway.
- Rockville Swim and Fitness Center, 355 Martins Lane.
- Rockville Senior Center, 1150 Carnation Drive.
For more details, call 240-314-8780 or email email@example.com.
The event is sponsored by Rockville Housing Enterprises, Linkages to Learning and the City of Rockville.