Last Minute Tips, Where to Find Results, and Inauguration Information
The deadline for Rockville voters to get their ballots to City Hall for the 2019 Vote by Mail election is 8 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 5.
- Mail the ballot back in the postage-paid envelope — postmarks don’t count so ballots must be received by 8 p.m. Nov. 5.
- Bring your ballot, 24/7, to the secured drop box, before 8 p.m. Nov. 5, in the upper parking lot of City Hall.
- Bring your ballot to the vote center at City Hall from 7 a.m.-8 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 5, where voter assistance will be available. Qualified Rockville residents will be able to register and vote the same day on Election Day.
For voters who have not received a ballot, or who have lost or incorrectly filled out their ballot, a replacement ballot can be issued at the vote center.
Qualified Rockville residents who register and vote the same day on Nov. 5 will be issued a provisional ballot, and will be required to bring a current, valid photo ID with a City of Rockville address or a copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, paycheck, government check or other government document with the voter’s name and current address. Documents must be dated within three months of the election.
There will be only one vote center on Election Day. The city will no longer operate polling places.
Unofficial results will become available as soon as all ballots have been counted after the election deadline, 8 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 5 in the following places:
- Broadcast on Rockville 11 (channel 11 on county cable systems).
- Via social media on the City of Rockville’s Facebook and Twitter accounts (www.facebook.com/cityofrockville and www.twitter.com/rockville411 respectively.
- On Nextdoor at www.nextdoor.com.Via text alert (text ROCKVOTES to 888777 to sign up).
Following the Election
Official results will be certified and announced on Nov. 12.
An inauguration ceremony for the new Mayor and Council will be held at 1 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 17 at the F. Scott Fitzgerald Theatre, 603 Edmonston Drive. The inauguration is open to the public.
The first meeting of the Mayor and Council will be 7 p.m. Monday, Nov. 18.