Restoring or repairing the outside of a historic home? Preserving the exterior of a historic structure? You could be eligible for a property tax credit.
Rockville participates in a tax credit program for local structures designated as historic.
Learn how to apply for a historic preservation tax credit from 7-8:30 p.m. Thursday, March 4 at a virtual workshop. The Montgomery County Planning Department will provide an overview of the county’s historic preservation tax credit program and application requirements.
To RSVP to attend, visit https://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/eventReg?oeidk=a07ehjqdz644b091e7f&oseq=&c=&ch=.
If your property in Rockville is designated by the city as historic and you spent at least $1,000 on exterior maintenance between Jan. 1 and Dec. 31, 2020, you may be eligible for reduction of your property taxes for the coming year, up to 25% of the approved expenses.
Eligible projects include:
• Exterior painting.
• Uncovering and repairing original siding.
• Repairing roofs or replacing them in-kind.
• Repointing brick or stone foundations, or chimneys.
• Repairing windows, architectural trim or ornament.
• Repairing and maintaining outbuildings, such as barns and garages.
• Restoring a documented feature, such as a dormer or porch that was previously altered or removed.
For more information, contact 240-314-8230 or email email@example.com.
Applications should be postmarked by April 15, and sent to Rockville Historic Preservation, City Hall, 111 Maryland Ave., Rockville MD 20850.