Donations are being accepted for the 2021 Holiday Drive, Rockville’s annual push to help the community’s hundreds of children and families in need.
This year, with the need greater than ever, the drive will continue, albeit with minor changes to keep everyone healthy and safe.
Normally, the Holiday Drive collects food donations in November for Thanksgiving, and toys in December for the gift-giving holiday season. This year, because of the COVID-19 pandemic, the city is requesting monetary, gift card and book donations only. Donations are tax deductible.
Giant grocery store cards will be bought in November so recipients can shop for Thanksgiving; in December, your donations will help purchase Target gift cards and books for the holiday.
Here’s how you can help:
- Go Online: Easily donate online at bit.ly/HolidayDriveDonate.
- Write a Check: Checks can be made payable to “City of Rockville” (with “Rockville Holiday Drive” in the memo line) and sent to Rockville Holiday Drive Fund, c/o Community Services Division, 111 Maryland Ave., Rockville, MD 20850.
- Collect Books for Gifts: Organize a drive of new or gently used book for kids up to age 17.
- Buy a Gift Card: Donate $20 gift cards from Target or Giant.
- Donations can be dropped off at City Hall, by appointment only, by calling 240-314-8310, or at the city’s three community centers.
For more information, contact Frederika Granger at email@example.com.