Decorations, Live Music and a Visit from Santa
Glenview Mansion will celebrate the season with music, gifts, art, and a chance to give back at its annual Holiday Open Houses.
The free open houses are held 1-4 p.m. on three Sundays in December:
Dec. 4: Art gallery opening and reception, hosting the Rockville Art League Annual Juried Members Show. In partnership with the City of Rockville, the Rockville Art League (RAL) exhibits artwork twice a year at Glenview Mansion. Meet six local artists, find that unique one-of-a-kind gift in the holiday gift shop and explore surprising and delightful art in every room on the second floor of the mansion. The exhibition runs until Dec. 30.
- 1-4 p.m. Art gallery exhibit opening and reception
- 1:15 p.m. Rockville Singers
- 2:15 p.m. Victorian Lyric Opera Company
- 3:15 p.m. Capital Accord Chorus
Dec. 11: Children’s Day with Santa and Mrs. Claus: Bring the kids to meet the Clauses and take part in fun crafts and activities.
- 1:15 p.m. The Heavenly Handbells of Trinity Lutheran Church
- 2:15 p.m. Heart of Maryland Chorus
- 3:15 p.m. Watkins Mill High School Chamber Singers
Dec. 18: Enjoy music and merriment.
- 1:15 p.m. Richard Montgomery High School Madrigals
- 2:15 p.m. The Encore Singers
- 3:15 p.m. Harmony Express
Glenview Mansion also serves as one of the city’s collection sites for donations to the Rockville Holiday Drive, which collects toys and gift cards for children in need. Here’s how you can help: Donate canned food or new toys; $20 gift certificates for stores such as Giant, Target, Best Buy, Old Navy; or make a tax-deductible contribution (checks may be made payable to the Rockville Holiday Drive Fund): 111 Maryland Ave., 1st floor, Rockville, MD 20850).