Trick-or-treaters take to Rockville neighborhoods Tuesday, Oct. 31.
There are no set hours for trick-or-treating. The Rockville City Police Department urges drivers to be aware of extra pedestrians in neighborhoods. Homeowners should clear yards and sidewalks of obstacles, keep homes well-lit inside and out, and report any suspicious activity to police.
City police offer these additional tips:
- Kids should walk in groups and young children should be accompanied by an adult.
- Set a safe walking route and a time for children to be home.
- Costumes should be flame retardant and short enough to prevent trips and falls.
- Carry flashlights or glow sticks and affix reflective strips to costumes and bags.
- Remind children not to eat treats until they get home. Check all treats and throw out anything that is not factory-sealed.