Restoring or repairing the outside of a historic home or preserving the exterior of a historic structure? You could be eligible for a property tax credit.
Rockville participates in the tax credit program for local structures designated as historic. The city is now accepting applications for work completed in calendar year 2022.
If your property in Rockville is designated by the city as historic and you spent at least $1,000 on exterior maintenance between Jan. 1 and Dec. 31, 2022, you may be eligible for reduction of your property taxes for the coming year, up to 25% of approved expenses.
Eligible projects include:
- Exterior painting.
- Uncovering and repairing original siding.
- Repairing roofs or replacing them in-kind.
- Repointing brick or stone foundations, or chimneys.
- Repairing windows, architectural trim or ornament.
- Repairing and maintaining outbuildings, such as barns and garages.
- Restoring a documented feature, such as a dormer or porch that was previously altered or removed.
For more information, contact 240-314-8230 or [email protected].
Applications must be received by Monday, April 17 at [email protected] or Rockville Historic Preservation, City Hall, 111 Maryland Ave., Rockville, MD 20850.