The Rockville Senior Center helps the 60-plus crowd stay in the best of health with these great offerings:
- All Things Vision, a Vision Enrichment Workshop, 1-2 p.m. Wednesday, May 9.
In this free workshop, the Low Vision Center will discuss ways to help you see more clearly. Register with course #4306 at www.rockvillemd.gov/register.
- Annual Health Fair, 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Wednesday, May 23.
Free! Screenings, health tests, information, healthy snacks, vendors and more!
- A Heart to Heart, 1-2 p.m. Thursday, May 24.
Learn how to reduce your risk of developing coronary artery disease in this free seminar with Karen Lieberman, a nurse practitioner. Register with course #4303 at www.rockvillemd.gov/register.
- International Day: A Celebration of Cultures, 10:30 a.m.-noon, Friday, June 15.
Displays, costumes, tastings and dance demonstrations.
- Managing Your Medications, 1-2 p.m. Thursday, June 28.
Clinical Pharmacist Nicholas Ladikos will demystify the do’s and don’ts of medication management at this free program. Register with course #4304 at www.rockvillemd.gov/register.
- Dermatology: Skin Clinic for Seniors. A clinic held the second Friday of each month.
By appointment only through calling 1-877-345-5300. Medicare/insurance will be billed. Provided by OnSite Dermatology.
Contact Betty Figlure at 240-314-8803 or email@example.com for more info.
Registration for the senior center’s summer courses, classes and programs begins Tuesday, May 1; Thursday, May 3 for nonresidents and nonmembers.
Register for classes at www.rockvillemd.gov/registration, by calling 240-314-8810 or at the senior center’s information desk.
Visit www.rockvillemd.gov/seniorcenter for more info. The senior center is located at 1150 Carnation Drive.