City Hall and all city facilities will be closed Wednesday, Dec. 25 for Christmas Day and Wednesday, Jan. 1 for New Year’s Day.
Recycling and trash will be collected as usual on Monday and Tuesday during those weeks. All other collections will occur one day later than usual. Find more information at www.rockvillemd.gov/recycling-trash.
City Hall will also be closed 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 12, for an annual recognition event for city employees. Other city facilities will operate on the following schedule this month:
- Beginning the week of Dec. 16, the F. Scott Fitzgerald Theatre box office will be open only from 2-7 p.m. Tuesdays through Fridays. The box office will resume regular hours Tuesday, Jan. 14. Tickets are always available at www.rockvillemd.gov/theatre.
- Lincoln Park, Thomas Farm and Twinbrook community centers will be open 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Dec. 24, 26 and 31; and closed Dec. 25 and Jan. 1.
- Croydon Creek Nature Center is always closed Mondays and will also be closed Dec. 25 and Jan. 1. The center will be open 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Dec. 24 and Dec. 31, and 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Dec. 26.
- The Rockville Senior Center, including the fitness room, will close at 5 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 24 and Tuesday, Dec. 31. It is closed Sundays and will be closed Dec. 25 and Jan. 1.
- The Rockville Swim and Fitness Center will be open 6 a.m.-4 p.m. Dec. 24 and 31 and closed Dec. 25 and Jan. 1. Visit www.rockvillemd.gov/swimcenter for lap and program schedules.
Parking at city-owned meters will be free on Dec. 25 and Jan. 1.
For more information, call 240-314-5000 or visit www.rockvillemd.gov.